At the beginning of the year I set a few goals for myself. Sad to say, I have only (really) completed a few of them. So, going through the list . . . .
1) I will learn to run 5K – Well, I started. Then developed Shin Splints. Got new runners, still had Shin Splints. Shelved the running for the future.
2) I will do Aquafit at least twice a week – This became very difficult to do as the classes started at a funny time that would make me either not eat prior to the class, then be famished afterwards, or eat before and get a tummy ache. BUT I joined Club 16 over the summer, and (up until recently) went to the gym at least 2 times a week.
3) I will stop looking at the scale and instead concentrate on how I feel– Easier said than done. I didn’t stop looking at the scale completely. It’s quite satisfying to see the number continuously drop over a period of time. Total weight lost to date (since summer) – 15 pounds and counting. Nice and steady. I feel great!
4) I will drink more water – check! drinking more water. Not huge amounts (I have to pee a lot!) but more than what I was doing before.
5) I will scan all my photo albums onto my laptop– work in progress.
6) I will make enough greeting cards to sell at my work’s annual Christmas Fair Market thingy– DONE!!!! I even got a logo and bags (with said logo) to put sold cards in!!!! Go me!!!
7) I will make enough knitted things to sell at my work’s annual Christmas Fair Market thingy– Not done, and won’t happen. Takes too long. Maybe next year.
8) I will think of a creative name for a business for myself – DONE!! But until I have a website, or you know me personally and ask me, I’m not telling!!!
9) I will learn more about my camera and how to use it– meh, not so much. Started to read a book; read online about how to take pictures of the moon; realized I need a tripod.
10) I will take at least one photography class this year– maybe next year . . . .
11) I will take los and lots of pictures– and lots and lots and lots =) work in progress – I will never be done!!!!
12) I will knit at least ONE thing for MYSELF! – I still have a month or so. . . . . it could happen, right?
So, I guess you could say I’m great at setting goals, just not so great keeping them. But I think I did alright for this year. . . . AND, there’s always NEXT YEAR!!!