This weekend marked the first long weekend of the year with the addition of the “Family Day” holiday for British Columbia on Monday, February 11. And it started with my husband coming home on Friday with, “I have good news, bad news, and a surprise that will make up for the bad news”.
So, my weekend:
– My husband got a promotion at work (yay!)
– his new (allbeit “temporary”) shift for a special project at work: 3:30pm – midnight (boooo)
– he said he is going to buy me my own (used) car (super yay!)
– Spent most of the day looking at cars (yay)
– Found one I really liked and left the dealership to research the car more (yay . . . .research . . )
– Got a call from the In-Laws – they want us to come over tomorrow for dinner – early – at 2:00 to look at the house they want to buy (fun! but wow – outta left field!)
– said house has a basement suite that they want to possibly rent to us (cool!)
– We buy my car (WOOT WOOT!!!)
– We see the new house (Wish we could buy it for ourselves!)
– We see the basement suite. It’s tiny!!! (sadface) but oh well – it’s their money.
– After dinner, and while flossing, the crown from my implant tooth falls out (F*$%&!!!!!)
Do absolutely NOTHING because we should probably try and relax for at least one of the long weekend days . . . .=)
Not as crazy as my friend – who was the victim of an identity thief on Friday afternoon (now THAT’s one way to ruin a long weekend) but I’ve had enough adventure for the month.
All I want to do now is sit at home, do some reading, knitting, and/or cross stitch, and enjoy the last few weekday evenings I have with the hubby until he starts his crazy shift. Knowing the way my life likes to unroll, that’s probably a little too much to ask at this point! haha. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!